Professional Plumbing Services
LEAKY TOILET, CLOGGED DRAINS OR ANY OTHER PLUMBING PROBLEM — CALL THE PROFESSIONALS
Need help with leaks, clogged drains or flooding? Your plumbing is something you rely on for everyday living, so it’s best to contact the professionals at Academy Mechanical Services as soon as possible to avoid any further damage. We have the people, products and technical expertise to fix or repair any of your plumbing issues. Keep in mind that not all plumbing issues can wait. We also offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services for when you need help NOW.
NEW INSTALLATION, RETROFIT, OR PLUMBING RENOVATION
Upgrading your kitchen and bathroom fixtures can make a big difference and can add value to your home. If it’s time to replace your fixtures call us, we can help with that.
Planning a new construction project? Academy Mechanical Services can work with a multitude of residential and commercial layouts. We will install plumbing and drainage systems that are smart, efficient, and easy to maintain.
No matter the size of the problem or project, Academy Mechanical Services is available to tackle it. Edmonton businesses and homeowners have the advantage of working with a company that understands the best way to do re-piping — especially when it comes to complex jobs in the region’s older structures.
To discuss your new plumbing installation, renovation, or retrofit project, don’t hesitate to call Academy Mechanical Services. We serve commercial and residential customers in Edmonton, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, and the surrounding areas.
OUR Plumbing SERVICES
- Clogged drains
- Leaky faucets and/or pipes
- Installation of shut off valves
- Installation of lines for dishwashers
- Upgrade plumbing fixtures and faucets
Don’t let little problems become big issues. With over 30 vehicles on the road, Academy Mechanical Services offers exceptional response times from our highly trained experts. With our 24/7 emergency plumbing services, we are always available to help you keep your head above water when something goes wrong with your plumbing. Call us when:
- My faucets are leaking
- Need a new water tank installed
- My toilet won’t flush
- Where is my water shutoff valve
- My pipes are frozen
- My toilet keeps overflowing
- Gross stuff is backing up in my bathtub
- Water in the basement
- Need to upgrade plumbing
- My sink is clogged
- Dripping faucet or shower – Not only is a constantly dripping faucet annoying but it can be expensive too. It could be simply a washer or seal needs to be replaced or it could be a sign of something more serious.
- Clogged sink – If your sink is slow to drain, or not draining at all, the blocked water can result in unhealthy conditions. Use a strainer in your sink to catch large pieces of food and other debris. Some of the most common items that can cause clogs are pasta, rice, coffee grounds and grease. Dispose of these in the garbage or compost.
- Running Toilet – If your toilet is filling up the tank even when it’s not in use, you’re likely spending money you don’t want to. A running toilet is an internal water leak. Therefore, if you ignore the problem, it could increase your water bill due to the many liters of water being wasted daily. You may also have a silent leak – an easy way to find out is to add a few drops of food colouring to the upper tank. Wait 15 minutes and check the water in the bowl for any hint of colour. If it’s tinted, your flapper valve is likely faulty. If you’re having to jiggle the handle, the inner workings of your toilet – like the flapper valve, the float or the fill tube – might need some TLC. Sediment might also be affecting your toilet’s ability to properly flush and fill.
- Leaky Pipes – Leaking pipes can be a serious problem because if water gets behind the walls or into your home’s insulation it can cause extensive damage. Most pipes start leaking at the joints so keep your eyes peeled for wet spots. Often leaky pipes lead to bursting pipes so call us right away if you notice water where it shouldn’t be.
- Not enough hot water – This can be caused by many things including an insufficient hot water tank size and competing appliances like a toilet or dishwasher. You may also have a faulty mixing valve – older valves often fail to adequately control water temperature or lack balancing features that are usually effective at keeping the temperature from fluctuating.
- Low Water Pressure – Low water pressure can occur if your faucet or shower head aerator screens need to be cleaned, or they need to be replaced altogether. It could also be caused by a leak somewhere in your home, or corrosion in the pipes. Turn on water faucets in all sinks, showers and tubs. Water pressure will likely vary but all should have a steady flow. If the pressure seems low or uneven, a professional can help you find the source and determine the best solution.