FOR HEATING, VENTILATION, AND AC, CALL OUR TRUSTED CONTRACTORS
Our preventative maintenance program includes:
- HVAC airflow measurement
- Clean or replace air filters
- Clean fan blades
- Inspect and adjust motors
- Inspect ductwork for blockages or leaks
- Clean coils
- Inspect HVAC design and recommend modifications
Emergency HVAC repairs will cost you more and can cause unnecessary downtime. The life expectancy of your equipment could also be impacted by improper maintenance practices. This can be avoided with a custom maintenance program which can review your HVAC system, check for proper operation and identify potential failures before they occur.
Maintenance won’t eliminate repairs, but it will prolong the life of your equipment, reduce downtime, and keep your equipment running in the most cost-effective manner.
To book a maintenance call for your HVAC system don’t hesitate to call Academy Mechanical Services. We serve commercial and residential customers in Edmonton, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, and the surrounding areas.
When it comes to resolving problems related to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), we take a highly proactive approach. We don’t just switch out parts until the problem appears to resolve itself; we actually inspect your unit in order to locate the source of the problem. We can service:
- Rooftop HVAC
- Make Up Air Systems
- Heat recovery
- Ductless Split Systems
- Climate Control
- Split System Air Conditioning
- Ventilation Systems
- Unit Heaters
- Radiant Tube Heaters
HVAC Common Problems
Call us when:
- My air conditioning smells bad
- My furnace is making strange noises
- My circuit breaker keeps blowing when furnace kicks in
- My air conditioner trips my breakers
- My power bill is really high suddenly
- My ductwork is leaking
- Some rooms are hot while some are cold
- There’s hardly any air coming from my vents
- I don’t think my air conditioner is working
- My furnace isn’t heating the house
HVAC TROUBLESHOOTING & TIPS
Homeowners can often solve problems with their HVAC system by trying some simple troubleshooting hints. Here are some basic things to try – it could save you a service call.
- Air Filter – Irregularities in your cooling or heating could be a direct result of a dirty or clogged air filter. Check your filters and replace if necessary.
- Unit Not Turning On – It is not uncommon for power switches and breakers to be accidentally turned off when other appliances are being installed. Check your circuit breaker to make sure the issue isn’t as simple as needing to turn a switch back on.
- Low Air Flow – Vents are an important part of your HVAC system. Check vents, ducts and grills for blockages, it is often the leading factor of irregular air flow. Keep furniture of plants at least two feet away from vents.
- Renters – If you do end up needing to call in an HVAC company, renters are encouraged to contact their property manager to report any irregularities in their cooling and heating system prior to calling a technician. It is not uncommon for technicians to arrive and be unable to make repairs without the owner’s consent.
- Thermostat – If your HVAC system is not responding properly to the temperature, the problem might be as changing your batteries. This troubleshooting tip is often overlooked! If the thermostat is not lit, it is time to change the batteries.
- Outside Unit – Don’t forget to check the outside unit when troubleshooting. This is the central point for airflow, and debris such as leaves, and branches can suffocate the entire unit as they are sucked in. Rinse the unit from top to bottom with a hose to rinse debris away one the power has been shut off.
Still not working? Call the experts at Academy Mechanical Services for a service call.